- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: HealthCare Services
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: equip.health
- Company Address: , San Diego, California, 92011
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About EquipEquip gives families lasting recovery from eating disorders through dedicated virtual care teams and gold-standard treatment delivered at home.
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
The Accounting Manager will take a lead role in Equip’s accounting function and will be the subject matter expert on all things accounting for the company. This role is ideal for someone who has solid foundational accounting knowledge and is eager for start up experience and the opportunity for quick career growth. This role will report to the Senior Director of Finance and will work closely with other members of the finance team and cross functionally with other departments. We are a small and fast-growing company, so this role will create many processes from scratch and will drive the development of best practices across the finance organization. The Accounting Manager is an ambitious self-starter who loves to learn, takes initiative, and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Hands on leadership of accounting function including month end close, financialreporting, and technical accounting research.
- Refine existing internal controls and accounting policies and establish new controls and policies as needed.
- Maintain clean and timely balance sheet reconciliations.
- Partner with Senior Director of Finance to drive annual financial audit with audit firm, preparing support for auditors, liaising with external consultants as needed, and serving as internal project manager to drive audit forward.
- Coordinate with external tax professionals to file Federal and State incomes taxes in addition to other taxes as needed.
- Oversee, train, and mentor team members.
- Other reporting and analyses to support business needs.
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in Accounting or related roles required.
- CPA license and/or Public Accounting experience is required.
- Strong proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong executive presentation and communication skills. Can effectively communicate complex topics written and verbally.
- Strong proficiency with Excel.
- Experience with multi-entity accounting processes and procedures is preferred.
Bonus is you have the following:
- Healthcare experience.
- NetSuite experience.
- Experienced in a fast-paced startup or high growth company
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.