- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Business Dev
- Industry: HealthCare Services
- Post Date: 09/18/2023
- Website: somatus.com
- Company Address: 1861 International Dr, McLean, Virginia 22102, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About SomatusSomatus partners with leading health plans, health systems, nephrology and primary care groups to provide integrated care for patients with or at risk of developing kidney disease. As the market leader in value-based kidney care, Somatus’ vertically integrated clinical services and technology delay or prevent disease progression, decrease avoidable hospital utilization, improve quality and care coordination, and increase the use of home dialysis modalities and rates of kidney transplantation.
The SVP Business Development is a new role that will be responsible for supporting pipeline development for Somatus. This individual will drive growth through new business generation along with activities supporting potential transactions, due diligence endeavors, negotiation of terms, incentive structuring, legal and compliance aspects of the associated transactions, and achievement of financial returns.
The SVP Business Development will have expertise in health care administration and delivery including Provider Engagement, Value Based Contracting, Financial Performance, Strategic Planning, and Quality Improvement. This leader will have a robust network in value-based healthcare with a reputation for innovative solutions to reduce cost and improve patient outcomes. The SVP Business Development will work in close partnership with the Somatus leadership team along with the clinical and legal teams to optimize the development and execution of an accretive acquisition and strategic alliance strategy. The leader will be accountable for proactively and regularly communicating progress on the new business pipeline and for crafting and communicating compelling presentations that can be shared with the Board of Directors and executive leadership team.
The successful candidate will be a strategic, tenacious, and collaborative leader who is able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and build successful, trusting relationships with internal and external partners. The SVP Business Development will be an analytical and creative thinker that is able to negotiate complex transactions and craft innovative strategic alliance and partnership solutions.
The strongly desired location for this position is in the Eastern or Central Time Zone of the United States with a requirement of frequent travel to McLean, VA and around the country as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and execution of Somatus’ new business growth strategy in collaboration with the executive leadership team to continuously identify additional integrated, value-based care and technology solution opportunities.
- Identify and develop strong relationships with targeted businesses / partners and other potential parties key to Somatus’ growth. Track and expand key relationships over time to partnership opportunities.
- Oversee ongoing communication with targeted businesses / partners and overall management of the pipeline, including providing data, analytical metrics, and feedback as requested to the executive leadership team regarding the transaction and strategic alliance pipeline.
- Develop and lead the process for evaluating and closing transactions, including negotiation of terms, performance of due diligence, execution of approval processes, management of legal
- documents, the creation and review of financial returns models, and the vetting of strategic rationale and business cases.
- Plan, develop, and implement processes that will be of benefit to the strategic growth strategy for Somatus; design the optimal process for sourcing, negotiating, and integrating targets and for driving success with strategic partners.
- Assist in ensuring Somatus has the appropriate policies, procedures, and systems in place to support strategic growth.
- Establish effective relationships with executive leadership (inclusive of finance, operations, legal, etc.) based on corporate development and financial acumen, awareness of health care industry trends, knowledge of Somatus’ business, strategy, plans and performance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of senior business development experience, with strong execution, innovation, and passion for growth within a healthcare services business.
- Proven business development track-record and impressive technical and professional credentials.
- Experience in building innovative growth strategy and partnership solutions and trusted relationships with payors, health systems, and provider groups.
- Strong knowledge of integrated healthcare management strategies, population health programs, and value-based care delivery models and experience developing strategies to drive related growth initiatives.
- Experience in leading and negotiating compliant, win/win partnerships and contracts structured for long-term success and sustainability.
- An analytical rigor and grounded discipline in evaluating business development opportunities with respect to the organization’s overall strategic, growth, and financial goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful candidate will be a strategic-minded healthcare executive with a proven track record of leading accretive growth strategies. This leader will have business development experience within a high-growth, top performing healthcare services organization, able to draw on best-in-class processes and procedures. The SVP Business Development will also bring a keen understanding of the healthcare reimbursement and regulatory landscape, integrated healthcare management strategies and population health programs, healthcare industry trends, and value-based care delivery models.
The SVP Business Development is expected to have the energy and relationship-building aptitude to effectively identify, develop, and cultivate trusted relationships with potential payor, health system, nephrology and primary care group, health information technology, and other partners.
- This job operates in a professional setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Normal manual dexterity is required.
- Normal speaking and hearing abilities to interact with others in an office environment, over telephone or other video conferencing platform.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms and continuously repeat the same hand, arm finger motion many times as in typing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.