- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: HealthCare Services
- Post Date: 09/18/2023
- Website: somatus.com
- Company Address: 1861 International Dr, McLean, Virginia 22102, US
About SomatusSomatus partners with leading health plans, health systems, nephrology and primary care groups to provide integrated care for patients with or at risk of developing kidney disease. As the market leader in value-based kidney care, Somatus’ vertically integrated clinical services and technology delay or prevent disease progression, decrease avoidable hospital utilization, improve quality and care coordination, and increase the use of home dialysis modalities and rates of kidney transplantation.
The Senior Vice President, Human Resources is a senior leader on the HR team reporting into the EVP, HR & Corporate Affairs. This executive will be a part of leading a World-Class, strategically oriented human capital team to meet the needs of a rapidly growing organization that operates geographically distributed markets. The SVP drives value for the Company by intentionally aligning strategy, structure, people, and processes and advancing the culture to optimize and drive the desired business outcomes.
The successful candidate will ensure alignment with the dynamic competitive environment and Somatus’ strategic direction to optimize human capital solutions at the organization, team, and individual level. Overall, the SVP will be a dynamic thought partner to the senior leadership, and will anticipate and drive innovative, best in class organization design, management process and human capital solutions and thought leadership to enhance the organization’s capability and the capabilities of its partner physician groups. In addition to serving as a trusted business partner and leader, they will be hands-on and will architect world class HR systems to enable the business’ rapid growth. It is important that they are a builder; with a nimble, flexible, and entrepreneurial orientation.
· Total Rewards: ensuring Somatus offers world class compensation and benefits to attract, retain and incentivize top talent including equity management, incentive bonus programs and executive compensation
· Performance management – aligning teammate activity and behaviors to Somatus goals and core values
· Talent acquisition and onboarding
· HR Shared Services (including HR Information Systems)
· Employee and Labor Relations, including Diversity, EEOC, and Affirmative Action
· Business Leadership Group, including the HR Business Partner model and human capital planning
Additionally, this individual will partner with HR Leadership on Organization Development initiatives including Engagement, Talent Management, Executive Leadership Development, and Performance Management.
The SVP will be responsible for developing and mentoring a talented team of human resources professionals. Other key relationships include partnering with corporate and regional leaders, in-house physician partners and their executive teams to translate business needs into long-term viable solutions and to identify opportunities for integration and leveraging of Human Capital. The SVP will promote a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture and continuous improvement strategies.
- Identify, develop, and guide the execution of the People Strategy for Somatus: Responsible for overall strategic direction, guidance, and oversight of short and long-range Human Capital plans, while ensuring integration with strategic business and financial goals, which contribute to the successful long-term growth and viability of Somatus.
- Assist in the co-creation of the Company’s overall business strategy: Serve as a member of the Somatus Leadership Team (SLT) directing and participating in corporate strategy development, planning and decision-making, and providing appropriate communication and support.
- Identify and oversee key practices in talent management, continuously driving efforts to attract and retain top talent, and develop new leadership capabilities: Lead a best-in-class Talent Acquisition organization utilizing workforce planning.
- Collaborate with HR Leadership to drive engagement, performance management initiatives, and leadership development.
- Architect a total rewards philosophy, including market-based compensation: Direct the development and implementation of varied innovative, cost-effective and market competitive total reward programs, which meet employee needs and reflect organizational values and priorities.
- Continually build and mature the HR function: Implement HR infrastructure, compensation systems, and collaborate with HR leadership on the organizational development process.
- Drive contemporary human capital data analytics, including the implementation of an HRIS platform: Ensure all key human capital work is data driven and creates a measurable impact on advancing business outcomes.
- Collaborate with HR Leadership to support leadership development initiatives involving the delivery of high quality, targeted leadership development programs and ensuring processes are in place to measure their effectiveness.
- Succession Planning: Lead succession planning processes throughout the enterprise. This includes ensuring that the process considers the future strategic direction of the business and the ideal culture for Somatus.
- In concert with the EVP Corporate Affairs/HR, create a deliberate approach to the continuous development and stewardship of the Company's culture: Provide operational oversight and leadership to further a high performance, diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture. Lead and support the development of effective employee and organizational feedback and engagement techniques. Drive a Culture of Engagement across the enterprise.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preference for concentration in HR, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 15 years of relevant leadership experience with significant depth in the various functional disciplines of Human Resources. Previous SVP, HR experience reporting directly to the executive leadership within a healthcare service (or analog services) business is highly preferred. Must have a track record of success in job performance.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and partner with senior level leaders to achieve business objectives using HR strategies, operations and tactics and can build a world-class Human Resources organization that is able to scale to meet the needs of a high growth business.
- Must have experience of creating and implementing a strategic vision for the HR function inclusive of talent & performance management, organization structure & design, total rewards, talent acquisition, culture, and change management
- Experience working in a similar decentralized field-based organization (e.g., multi-unit, franchise, distributed operations, or retail) that is rapidly growing, ideally healthcare services, retail, etc.
- Experience developing a team, fostering productive team environments, and building relationships, and appropriately enhancing it to meet the needs of a growing business, with a continuous improvement mindset and strong analytical skillset.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A master’s degree in business or human resources.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company. All requests for proof of vaccination or for exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be subject to any limitations stipulated by current state and/or federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.